Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera
- 42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 Phase-Detect Points
- UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- Timecode and User Bit Settings
- Customizable Picture Profiles and S-Log2 Gamma
- 3.0" 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- 0.5" 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder Electronic Viewfinder
- Redesigned Grip, Shutter Release Button, and Controls
- Magnesium Alloy Construction and Robust Lens Mount
- Reduced-Vibration Shutter & Silent Shooting
- Audio Input & Headphone Jack
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Sony Alpha a7 II With a world's first full-frame 42.4-megapixel Exmor R back-illuminated structure CMOS sensor, the Alpha a7R II Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony is prepared to take mirrorless imaging to another level. This sensor design both improves low-light operation and speeds up data throughout, enabling fast high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording. Working with the BIONZ X image processor, these images can be produced at sensitivities up to ISO 102,400 and at a continuous 5 fps shooting rate. Five-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization has also been implemented, compensating for vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw, and roll movements.
Speed has received a major boost with a 40% increase in speed over its predecessor. The AF system received its own massive upgrade with the use of 399 phase-detect points and 25 contrast-detect points for a speedy Fast Hybrid AF system which will offer extremely accurate tracking. The phase-detection points even extend to A-mount lenses when used with the LA-EA1 and LA-EA3 adapter.
Designed to last, the updated magnesium alloy body has improved weather sealing and a robust lens mount for working with large lenses. Also, the shutter has a reduced-vibration design, cutting down shutter vibrations by about 50%. Also, it now uses an electronic front curtain shutter and is rated for 500,000 cycles. Silent shooting is also available for a quiet shooting experience when needed.
Onto video, the major addition is internal UHD 4K 3840 x 2160p recording at 30 or 24 fps with the XAVC S format at 100 Mbps. This is possible using either the Super 35 crop mode, with no pixel binning, or the full-frame readout. Full HD 1920 x 1080p is still readily available at up to 60 fps and HD 1280 x 720p is possible at up to 120 fps. Additionally, the a7R II benefits from the inclusion of the S-Log2 Gamma and S-Gamut settings as well as fully customizable picture profiles.
Composing and reviewing your images as you work is handled with either the 0.5" 2.36M-dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder or the 3.0" 1,228.8k-dot tilting LCD monitor. The viewfinder offers 0.78x magnification and a 4-lens system with double-sided aspherical elements for comfortable viewing. The monitor helps in odd positions by tilting up 107° and down 41°. And, to stay connected, the a7R II packs in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC for remote operation and transfer of images to a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Picture Effect modes: Posterization (Color, B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-Key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, and Sepia (all with +/- 3 step contrast, saturation, and sharpness adjustment).
- Color space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe