Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Order Now - Delivery First Week March 2021
- 45MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC X Image Processor
- 8K30 Raw and 4K120 10-Bit Internal Video
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 12 fps Mech. Shutter, 20 fps E. Shutter
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with 1053 Points
- 0.5" 5.76m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3.2" Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Subject Tracking with Deep Learning
- CFexpress & SD UHS-II Memory Card Slots
For the professional image-maker who needs resolution, speed, and video capabilities, there is the Canon EOS R5. Setting a new standard for versatility, this full-frame mirrorless camera features a newly developed 45MP CMOS sensor, which offers 8K raw video recording, 12 fps continuous shooting with a mechanical shutter, and is the first EOS camera to feature 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization.
Beyond just resolution, the sensor also pairs with the refined DIGIC X image processor to usher in a new generation of Dual Pixel CMOS AF for quick, smooth, and intelligent focusing performance using 1053 selectable points that cover the entire field of view. This focusing system has also been updated to make use of Deep Learning technology for improved subject tracking as well as precise eye, face, and head-detection for both people and animals.
Complementing the imaging assets, the R5, while sporting a new design, also feels familiar to EOS 5-series users. An especially high-resolution 0.5" 5.76m-dot electronic viewfinder provides a realistic 120 fps refresh rate while the 3.2" rear touchscreen LCD monitor sports a vari-angle design to accommodate vlogging needs as well as benefit working from high and low angles. A top status LCD makes for an intuitive workflow and the camera also incorporates dual memory card slots—one CFexpress Type B, one SD UHS-II—along with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless connectivity.
45MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
Built around a newly developed 45MP full-frame CMOS sensor, the EOS R5 offers both high-resolution stills and video output and the fine-tuned DIGIC X image processor complements this with a wealth of speed. Sensitivity from ISO 100-51200, which can be expanded to ISO 102400, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions while quick continuous shooting up to 12 fps with a mechanical shutter, or silent 20 fps with an electronic shutter, is ideal for working with moving subjects.
8K30 Raw and 4K120 Video Recording
Benefitting more than just stills, the 45MP full-frame sensor also enables impressively high-resolution DCI 8K 30 fps raw video recording internally along with 4K recording up to 120 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit with Canon Log. HDR-PQ recording is possible, too, in-camera HDR production and external recording, via the HDMI port supports a clean 4K output at up to 60 fps. Both All-I and IPB compression options are available, along with the ability to use Dual Pixel CMOS AF when shooting at up to 8K raw.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
An updated Dual Pixel CMOS AF II features 1053 selectable focusing points, which cover approximately 100% of the image frame for wide and even coverage. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Subject tracking has also been benefitted through the use of Deep Learning technology, which helps to gradually refine the focusing system's ability to quickly and accurately recognize both people and animal subjects. This technology also supports the more refined eye, face, and head detection functions, for both people and animals, that are well-suited for portraiture applications.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
A first for EOS cameras, the R5 incorporates five-axis sensor-shift image stabilization that compensates for up to an impressive eight stops of camera shake for truly effective compensation of camera shake to suit handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system also works in concert with lens-based optical image stabilization for both native RF lenses and adapted EF lenses.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- High-resolution 5.67m-dot 0.5" electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Top status LCD can be used to quickly review camera and shooting settings.
- CFexpress Type B and SD UHS-II memory card slots are featured for flexible storage needs; the CFexpress slot is ideal for 8K video and high-speed, high-resolution burst shooting needs while the SD card slot retains a familiar form factor for wide compatibility.
- Both a 3.5mm headphone and a 3.5mm external microphone port are featured for improved audio monitoring and recording capabilities.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
- Durable, weather-sealed body design is built to handle tough working conditions and inclement weather.
- Both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi bands are available for fast file transferring to a mobile device and Bluetooth is also available to provide constant device connection via the Canon Camera Connect app.