Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini HDMI Live Stream Switcher
- 4-Channel Live Stream HDMI Switcher
- Input/Output up to 1080p60 10-Bit 4:2:2
- 2-Channel Digital Audio Mixer
- HDMI Output, Ethernet ATEM Control
Designed for multicamera live streaming to the internet or broadcast applications, the compact ATEM Mini from Blackmagic Design provides gaming consoles, corporate computer streams, or HD cameras a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel. The four HDMI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis and they input up to 1080p60 video. There is also an HDMI output for a projector or external monitor, a USB Type-C output for streaming up to 1080p60 video to a computer, and an RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port for system management, remote control, and upgrades.
The control surface features easy-to-view, backlit control buttons to enable selecting camera inputs, controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. The ATEM Mini features upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and two color generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats. The HDMI output supports a minimum of 1366 x 768 resolution for monitoring your stream. It also supports the ATEM Software Control Panel via Ethernet, and it supports control and configuration using the ATEM Mini.
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: Built-in wipe patterns include circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted or softened, and can even have customized colored borders.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the Upstream Keyer. You can use luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
- Luma key: Luma keys work best with high-contrast